- nathannaturals: Hang in there, Fender!... http://t.co/kjiJSNCf
- nathannaturals: This weekend - featuring Nathan and the Naturals on Sunday at noon. http://t.co/vYrLdeYz
- nathannaturals: Tonight might be your only chance to see line-dancing in Nishinomiya, Japan!... http://t.co/9O5XWaDw
- nathannaturals: Please come support us at FLAPPER HOUSE tomorrow night - it's like the Japanese version of The Broken Spoke,... http://t.co/nqwhfsGy
- nathannaturals: Please come support us at FLAPPER HOUSE tomorrow night - it's like the Japanese version of The Broken Spoke,... http://t.co/4A80Xx5x
- nathannaturals: N&tN will be performing on Sept 23 at this Beer Tasting Festival in Osaka - stay tuned for more details... http://t.co/4iy4IYvv
- nathannaturals: I think I'll be playing this setup on 9/7 at our gig at Bar Iznt. http://t.co/zTPy6sKu
- nathannaturals: Tele or Strat? http://t.co/jIP9AgTI
- As The Years Go Passing By
- Nathan & The Naturals - Cissie Strut & All Your Love
- In The Studio - Take 3
- All in All - by Nathan & The Naturals at KINGS CROSS ???
- Cruel and Vain - N&tN Live at KINGS CROSS ???
- Flower Fruit - N&tN live at KINGS CROSS
- 100 Million Years - Live at KINGS CROSS ???
- Nathan & The Naturals LIVE at Bar Trinity Sunday Sessions
- World To Me - Nathan & The Naturals Live at Chicken George
- Nathan & The Naturals Live at Chicken George: You Left Your Mark On Me
- Nathan & The Naturals Live at Chicken George: All In All
- Nathan & The Naturals Live at Chicken George: All Your Love
- Nathan & The Naturals Live at Chicken George: 100 Million Years
- Have You Seen My Baby
- World To Me
- Pretty Flower
Coming together five years ago in the port city of Kobe, Japan to play a few blues tunes at a local school food festival, the three American ex-pats collectively known as Nathan and the Naturals quickly developed a musical kinship based on their love of rootsy rock and roll. Searching for a sound, the band spent its early years covering favorite artists such as the Flaming Groovies and Magic Sam, but soon began writing original material. With work now underway on an LP’s worth of tunes, the Naturals have released their debut vinyl 7-inch single, "World to Me" b/w "All in All" (bonus track “100 Million Years” is available as a digital download) on the Kobe-based Space Dog Records imprint.
Meet the Naturals
Nathan Hanners (guitar, vocals):
The son of one of the largest record collectors in the USA, Nathan was literally surrounded by music from birth. Introduced to many fantastic local musicians in his hometown of Austin, Texas, Nathan eventually got the opportunity to play alongside such artists as Richard Clark (Mudcats), J.P.Whitefield (early Fabulous Thunderbirds, Anson Funderburgh & The Rockets featuring Sam Myers), George Rains (Doug Sahm, Jimmy Vaughan), Mike Buck (The Fabulous Thunderbirds, The Le Roi Brothers), Derek O'Brien, Kaz Kazanoff (Albert Collins, Delbert McClinton). He has also studied guitar with Bad Livers banjo genius Danny Barnes, and opened for such touring acts as Percy Sledge.
Brad Quinn (bass, vocals):
Born in Birmingham, Alabama, Brad spent much of the 1980s with the hard rock outfit Carnival Season, a group that was recently acclaimed in MOJO Magazine as one of the great lost bands of that decade. Since 1989 he has also been the bassist for power pop icon Tommy Keene and appears on his latest LP, “Behind the Parade.” Over the years, Brad has also played bass with such artists as Adam Schmitt, Wreckless Eric, Bill Morrissey, The Swimming Pool Qs, The Windbreakers, and Michelle Malone.
Bruce Lenart (drums, vocals):
By day, a band director at a local international school, Chicago-native Bruce Lenart is also one of the most in-demand drummers in Kobe. Also a talented harmony singer, Bruce is a key part of the Naturals’ vocal blend.